Monday, October 13, 2008

Parlez-vous?



Well, minus a few hiccups here and there...I made the journey across the pond quite successfuly. Food in the fridge, personal belongings thrown around but almost moved in, time change adjustment almost complete - check, check, check...now about this language stuff...I hate not being fluent in French. I mean, I get a majority of most conversations and even shine brilliantly on certain occaisions in speaking...but dangit - is it selfish to want a whole lot more? I'm tired of having to ask people to repeat stuff, or just get stuck in the middle of a phrase and not know where to go.
The worst is waking up in the morning after dreaming and thinking in your own little Amercian-English world...and to go to work only to face the bitter reality that someone just said something to you, and you have no idea what it was..."Smile and nod. Hopefully they'll be satisfied with my response and walk away...I hope it wasn't a question or something important!"
Welcome to my 24/7... more updates and stories to come...

No comments: