Sunday, September 21, 2008

Visas in the Windy City



SUCCESS!! Not only were Adam and I accepted for our Long Stay Visas, but we were able to walk out of the Consulat Général de France with said visas in hand! Despite all the sarcastic remarks Adam and I make about the French Administration, I will glady admit that they came through above my expectations this time. Chapeau!!


We left early in the morning to make sure we didn't didn't miss our appointments by sitting in heavy mid-morning traffic. We managed to get to 205 Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago with plenty of time to spare. I even had time to walk into a CVS pharmacy to pick up a stain stick to get rid of a mystery stain on my new Polo oxford.


The consulate, which looked like a doctor's office (albeit, a doctor's office on the 37th floor overlooking Lake Michigan), took our forms, and we had about two hours to walk around on the Magnificant Mile. I did a little shopping, and in doing so confirmed that I do have a spending compulsion for cotton V-neck t-shirts (I know, a bit strange...) Hey, Gap had a deal going, and they're just so dang comfortable! (see above pic)


After wandering north to the Sears Tower, I headed back to pick up my shiny new visa. The day was capped off with a trip to Chipotle for lunch. This place has quickly become my new favorite fast food restaurant - healthy, spicy, and oh so yummy!


Visa in hand, let the adventure continue...

No comments: