Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Uh-oh!

How to sum up the latest news concerning the economic crisis' effect on my employment... "Uh-oh"...

We need to cut costs immediately. Currently, we are trying to hold onto jobs here in Verberie (they've already fired somee in the US and the Tcheque Republic), but things are looking grim. For those of you who don't know, it is a legal nightmare to fire people here in France, very much unlike the US. Currently, our syndicate is trying to come to resolution with the heads of the company but things are looking grim. If a proposal isn't met to cut wages, then we are going to cut 25% of employees. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be here.

But despite the news, I still have a peace. I'm the only one I know of who prays openly before lunch (Adam does too, but he rarly eats in the cantine). And as usual, I did so today. This time however, one of the workers across from me said, "say a prayer for us too."

Hold on - here we go...

No comments: