Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random amalgam of interests...

Hello crew,

I do feel rather honored that people spend time reading and watching my feeble attempts at left-brained journalism...thanks friends from the United S of A...

Ok, so quick wrap of of Christmas break. For those of you who were unaware, I was able to sneak home on a last minute flight for Christmas to see my family. Proving that I haven't lost my thriftiness from my college days, I found flights leaving Paris Christmas morning and returning New Year's day. And for that kind of money, "direct" wasn't a word found in the itinerary. It was a long haul both ways. But within that week period spent back in Goshen, I had some great moments:

- Laughing to tears (and yes I snorted once or twice too) with my 'lil sis at the movie theatre
- Elephant gift exchange with the fam after 30 hours without sleep
- 5 meals of Mexican food
- "Quality time" with the brother-in-law
- All the rugby, English soccer, and My Name is Earl I could handle at Uncle and Aunt's house
- Chivalry gone wrong when I broke the car key and couldn't start the Tio Miguel's car - sorry Meg
- Can you say 60% off at Old Navy?
- An American Meijer run to remember - now I can cook for real!

In any event, it was great being back with family and friends, thank you all for accommodating me at the drop of hat.

Also, I wanted to include some random videos I took of my town. I haven't viewed these in a while so I'm hoping I'm not too embarassing.

This is a view of the town center back in early November:




This is what those French pastries look like that I rave about:


Cheers,

J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so which pastry did you choose to celebrate your birthday??? And what day did you officially celebrate?

Jamie Skyrm said...

Actually, does home-made cornbread count as a pastrie? Laura (Adam's wife) made me an American meal for my birthday and I requested cornbread. With honey and butter it was just like dessert. Thanks Laura! By the way, this previous post was written at 5:14 AM eastern standard time...wow!