Thursday, January 22, 2009

Going up in my appartment...



For those of you who didn't know - probably most of you - I am a big fan of Robert Doisneau (pronounced Dwas-no). He is a French photographer who took some great photos of every-day French scence in the early to mid 20th century. While walking around Paris last weekend, I came across this little beauty of his. It stuck a chord with me. In case you are wondering, the big arch is the northern side of the Eiffel Tower looking towards Trocadero across the Seine River. You can read into it what you want...

2 comments:

Robert Pye said...

Its been like 2 weeks, your fan base wants to hear about your exploits. Dont make us beg.

Anonymous said...

Jame, Thanks for the continuing Culture and This Great Photo! This reminds me a bit of something your older sister may have made you do back when you were just a wee-lad. You were always a willing and joyful participant! I only hope that this wee-French-lad didn't end up in in the "Polk-Berry" patch!!! Cheers and Blessings! Dad