Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Meet Zac and Wes



Today was a national holiday here in France. The signing of the Armistice for World War I actually took place in Compiègne. So it was kinda cool to have the site of the national holiday take place nearby. But to enjoy my day off, I hung out at the McAuley's house and played baseball with their two boys in the park nearby. I kinda felt like Uncle Mike most of the day when he used to hang out with me when I was younger. Check out the video clip above. In a funny way, Zac is like a miniture version of me: baseball, cycling, guitar, the book "How Things Work", and just like me he has to have all the right sporting equipment...I tell his parents to beware...haha

*Now to the mothers out there: Don't get too concerned about the stick fight. I was keeping things under control despite what may appear in the video...They felt they had to show off bit for the camera and I quickly shut it down...I can hear you saying "yeah right!" sarcastically.

I ended the day by cooking myself a nice meal. I finally got my favorite spices purchased today and now feel like I can get creative with my two stove tops and microwave oven (they have this one called Quatre Epices and has like ginger and cinnimon in it - I don't know if they have it in the US - but its wonderful). But it'll be nice to move into my new appartment (I just signed the lease!) as it has a full kitchen and is mostly equipped already. Unfortunately, I found out that my shippment of personal items will not arrive for about another month and half! What is up with that?!? So the McAuleys are letting me borrow an air mattress and other household items until he rest of my goods arrive. They have been such a great help here. God bless them! If you want to check out their ministry here in Compiègne, check out http://www.mcauleysinfrance.com/ and you can even support them on the website if you feel so led.

Video of my new place on the way!

Cheers

1 comment:

klskyrm said...

Hey Uncle Mike......I mean Uncle Jame, the kids act like they really love you. Bless your heart! You are carrying on the legacy. Did you prompt them to say what they did or are they just that out going? You are making memories for everyone. You've got friends .......in all ages. Well, carry on.......stick fight!!!!!!!!! Love, Mumsie